Friday, November 16, 2012

Swamiyeee! Sharanam Ayyappa!

Its Sabarimala season again. The lent season for Malayalees. The thing that comes to my mind when someone says lent is - fasting. The events during the last few days and the beginning of the Vrishchikam month today(as per Malayalam Calendar) put me into thinking.... Why not take this holy month & see if I can improve of certain things that had been at the back of my mind since long....

1) Move to respectful form of you
I use the informal way to address my friends & close ones. Rite now, I am incapable of writing down why I want this shift. But yes, I feel somewhere, sometimes... some negativity is being generated when I use the informal 'You'.

I had started this project earlier on. But had failed miserably. I understand I cannot make this switch overnight. But I feel this is worth the attempt.

2) Wanna talk? Ring up!
Yaaa... I know! High time!

Well, its not news that using textual medium for communications has ruined a lot of relationships for me. I want to reduce both the short-messages & chats. These textual messages only results in irking ego & misunderstandings. So, if you want to get in touch with me, call me. And, if I want to update someone on whats happening with me, I will call you, irrespective of the place and/or time ;)

Again, I am not saying I will never ever use text messages. But yes, I am working on a significant reduction.

3) Start working out - DAILY ;)
Had stopped with my daily workout since June. I was feeling extremely tired & exhausted during those days. That was when I decided to go easy on myself. I remained active, but completely stopped my evening workout. I think, I have regained sufficient 'health' to restart my old routine.

4) Go Veggie
I still am not very keen on it. But if this happens, well & good. Let me see, if this will have any effect on me. The moment I sense that missing those yummy non-veg food is having a negative effect on me, I will call this off. I am considering this to just align with the Yoga thingie. Lets see... As of now, this is of low priority.

5) Reduce tamarind intake
I was able to reduce the chilly aspect of spice that goes into our food. In fact, I have started enjoying these non-chilly Indian food. Now, the next form of spice I would like to reduce is Tamarind. Like many other things in my life, I have no explainable reason for this :-)


I am not saying, I will be sticking to this for 41days. But yes, I would love to see how it goes on a weekly basis.

Picture Courtesy : naturallyengineered.com

No comments:

Post a Comment